Saturday, June 20, 2015

{REVIEW} Confess by Colleen Hoover

Title: Confess
Author: Colleen Hoover
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Drama
Rating: ★★★★★ + the universe

Blurb from Goodreads:

Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.


The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…

My Thoughts/Reaction:

“I love you so much.” His voice is breathless and full of fear. “I’ll love you forever. Even when I can’t.” My tears fall harder at his words. “And I’ll love you forever. Even when I shouldn't.” 

I am still in awe of how beautifully written Collen Hoover's book always are. She has such a flawless  style of writing that not only captivates you, but consumes you. I feel exactly what the characters are feeling down to the deepest part of my soul. I fall in love with the characters the same way they do and just as passionately. Because of this, I will read anything and everything CoHo writes forever!

This book is not just a love story between a girl and a guy. It's so much more — as it always is with CoHo. It's about sacrifice, truth, love,and finding your own strength. Auburn Mason Reed and Owen Mason Gentry are some of my new favorite characters and I admire their strength to sacrifice what would make them happy for the good of the ones they love. They are so strong, loving, kind, and selfless. How adorable is it that they have the same middle name? You're right, Owen. That's totes fate.

“There are people you meet that you get to know, and then there are people you meet that you already know.” 

Auburn was such a great female lead. I admired everything she had to endure and she still found the will to smile and love again. However, I wanted to slap her a few times for defending Trey and his manipulations as excuses for his behavior. I hated that she was so driven to be with her son that she was letting herself be spineless for a little white just so she could see him. Hello! THIS IS NOT OKAY! AND YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR SON AWAY ASAP!

I also hated how cold and heartless Lydia was. This woman just wanted control over Auburn and was a complete B TO THE ITCH! I could not stand her. Come to think of it, I really don't see how someone as wonderful as Adam came from such an awful family because Trey could go die in a ditch somewhere and I couldn't care less.

Owen, on the other hand, is bae.
OMG! Owen Mason Gentry ♥  This man is beautiful. He is not only attractive,but he paints?! He is the definition of selfless! He is protective and kind and loving and hot and handsome and funny and amazing and wonderful and I want him. I loved how he fell in love with Auburn before he even met her and the lengths he would go to keep her safe. He is the only one deserving of her and I am so glad she found her way to him.

“Selflessness. It should be the basis of every relationship. If a person truly cares about you, they'll get more pleasure from the way they make you feel, rather than the way you make them feel.” 

This book also not only has a beautiful cover, but CoHo also integrated all the art discussed in the book wonderfully. There are beautiful pictures of the paintings done by Owen inside the book and I absolutely love them! The confessions were also a nice touch. I find it so cool how people actually submitted anonymous confessions to CoHo and she used some in this book!



If you want a great read with a swoon worthy guy and a great story with an amazing love story...look no further! Colleen Hoover is your guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment