Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 by Stephanie Meyer & Young Kim

Title: Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1
Author: Stephanie Meyer & Young Kim
Published by: Yen Press
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Graphic Novel, Manga
Pages: 224
Add to Goodreads shelf
Rating: ★★★★✩



Synopsis:

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret...

My Reaction:

I am pleasantly surprised by how much I loved this. The artwork was fantastic! I loved the way the artist captured Bella and Edward. They were simply breathtaking. Bella was less annoying and less stupid (slightly) than she was in the books. Maybe because all her thoughts are only summarized for the sake of the graphic novel, but I found this to be more enjoyable. Granted the story is still creepy and it ends right when things seem to be picking pace, but that's what vol. 2 is for.

Overall, I really liked this. It brought back so many memories of when I first read Twilight years ago and I really liked that. It may be cheesy, but I have to admit it's nice to revisit the story on another medium. Now that I've seen Twilight  on three different mediums now (book, movie, graphic novel) I have to say that the graphic novel is more appealing to me personally. That artwork is just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment