Thursday, August 20, 2015

Book Guessing Challenge!


Hello all! I was tagged by the lovely Leah over at The Overflowing Shelf! Thanks sweetie! It will be my honor to guess terribly wrong and embarrass myself (:

So basically what is going on is you pick a book that you have not read and based on the title and book cover you guess what the book is about. Sounds simple enough right? And based on the synopsis provided by Goodreads, I'll see if I was right or way out in left field.

So without further ado, let's get started!


My Guess: Okay. So this takes place in space. There's a girl and maybe she falls in love with a guy who isn't apart of her world (whoa didn't mean to sound so The Little Mermaid right there) and maybe it's forbidden for them to be together. However, after some crazy event occurs they find themselves working together. I really have no idea haha.

Goodreads synopsis: Luxury spaceliner Icarus suddenly plummets from hyperspace into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive -- alone. Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a cynical war hero. Both journey across the eerie deserted terrain for help. Everything changes when they uncover the truth.

My Reaction: Not bad, kinda close? I mean obviously they are from different "worlds" but in this class social class. I am going to give myself half credit for this one. Yay! Okay next!

Add it to your Goodreads shelf!


My Guess: Okay so I am cheating here. I have this because I heard it's a Beauty and the Beast retelling. So I am going to say that a young girl is forced to go live with a guy that she is completely repulsed by. She cannot stand him and wants nothing to do with him. However, as she gets to know him she discovers that there is so much more under the surface. There is probably something going on around her town and she soon uncovers secrets and she must work with the very man she once hated that she is starting to fall in love with. 

Goodreads synopsis: Based on the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast, Cruel Beauty is a dazzling love story about our deepest desires and their power to change our destiny.

Since birth, Nyx has been betrothed to the evil ruler of her kingdom-all because of a foolish bargain struck by her father. And since birth, she has been in training to kill him.

With no choice but to fulfill her duty, Nyx resents her family for never trying to save her and hates herself for wanting to escape her fate. Still, on her seventeenth birthday, Nyx abandons everything she's ever known to marry the all-powerful, immortal Ignifex. Her plan? Seduce him, destroy his enchanted castle, and break the nine-hundred-year-old curse he put on her people.

But Ignifex is not at all what Nyx expected. The strangely charming lord beguiles her, and his castle—a shifting maze of magical rooms—enthralls her.

As Nyx searches for a way to free her homeland by uncovering Ignifex's secrets, she finds herself unwillingly drawn to him. Even if she could bring herself to love her sworn enemy, how can she refuse her duty to kill him? With time running out, Nyx must decide what is more important: the future of her kingdom, or the man she was never supposed to love. 

My Reaction: Oh my juice that was long! Hmm good thing I threw in uncovering secrets because my guess was so vague compared to that! Not bad of a guess I guess but sweet mother now I have to read this asap! Doesn't it sound fantastic?! 

Add to your Goodreads shelf! 

My Guess: Okay so I am guessing this is about a guy and girl who are locked in some mental institution and they need to find a way to break out of this "Program" because it is a crooked place. The government is probably holding people there who pose as a threat to society and these two need to work together to break free and change the broken system. 

Goodreads synopsis: In Sloane’s world, true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program.

Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.

Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them

My Reaction: ...
Yeah, that is totally what I said... LOL. Whoa that was way better than what I said! This sounds pretty cool. Kind of reminds of Delirium for some reason, I have no idea why. 

Oh well this was fun! If you'd like to do this challenge consider yourself tagged!

Thanks for reading!

Dee♡

No comments:

Post a Comment