Wednesday, June 24, 2015

{REVIEW} Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier

Title: Sapphire Blue
Author: Kerstin Gier
Series: Precious Stone trilogy
Book: 2
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Romance
Rating: ★★★★

Blurb from Goodreads:

Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.


At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out.

My Reaction/Thoughts:

This book was even better! Although rather frustrating to no end! I didn't get any of my questions answered, but instead gained even more! Gwen is still trying to learn more about her special gene that allows her to time travel and what role she plays specifically in "closing the Circle." However, no one still won't tell her a single thing!They expect to just do what she's told and not ask any questions. Um, I'm sorry but that's just don't work for me! I am just waiting for her to elapse into a time where she can run into Paul and Lucy so hopefully they can answer her questions because I am getting rather annoyed! However, I still had a load of fun reading this! I enjoyed all the kissing between Gideon and Gwen!! Oooh la la!

I think my new favorite character that was introduced in this book was the little gargoyle Xemerius that follows Gwen around. This little guy is an absolute riot! I loved all his commentary he would give about Gwen's friends, especially about Charlotte and Gideon. He was so fun and added a good amount of comedic relief. 

Speaking of Charlotte. OMG. Can Gwen just shut her down already?! I cannot wait until she gets her piece of karma. This girl is the absolute worst! I hate the way she talks to Gwen and what she says about her! She is so full of herself and I just wish she would go away. I could not believe she would go talk so ill about Gwen to Gideon! As if that would made Gideon not like Gwen any less. Charlotte is so immature and it's rather cute how she thinks she is above everyone else. Oh sweetie, you're delusional.

Gideon, however, oh dear Lord. This book can stop giving me whiplash anyday now! He runs so hot and cold that I think Katy Perry wrote her song with him in mind! Gideon is really making it hard to love him, but I shall anyhow! I really wish he would stop spending so much time with Charlotte though because he's just feeding her ego! Bleh!
I wanted to scream so much when we finally get a declaration of love from Gideon only to have the stupid count tell Gwen that females are easier to control when they are in love with you so Gideon was just manipulating her (not that he had to use much effort) UGH!


What I really liked about this book and I hope I see more in Emerald Green are the scenes where Gwen elapsed and saw her grandfather when he was younger. I thought this was so touching considering he's dead in the present and she didn't get to see him as much. I loved that he is there to help her. It's so cute. I loved how at the end of one of their times together Gwen tells him to save his awful mustache because it really doesn't suit him well. hahaha awe! *hugs self* 

I love the direction the story is going though. We are finally getting somewhere. We learn a little about the Florentine Alliance and its rivalry with the creepy Count Saint-Germain. I am looking forward to learning more about the prophesies surrounding Gwen and Gideon and what is exactly going to happen when the Circle closes. I have my theories, but I shall see once I read the last book! I can't believe I was skeptical to read these books because they are great! I am having so much fun and I'll say if you are doubting whether you should read them yourself to go ahead and just do it! Give them a chance! 

Now I am off to punch Gideon if he doesn't tell Gwen he loves her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment