Sunday, October 19, 2014

{REVIEW} Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Onyx
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux
Book: 2
Rating: ★★★★★

Blurb from Goodreads:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?


No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

My Rating/Thoughts:

“I could always give you a teaser. You bookish people love teasers, don't you?”

HOLY FEELS BATMAN! This book was so much fun! I am overstuffed with the feels tingling in from my fingers to my toes.I LOVED IT! The only minor problem I had with it was that after that big "battle" with the DOD, I felt like that was the end of the book, but I had about 70 pages left. So I was left wondering "oh boy, what the heck is going to happen now?!" Also, I noticed a few typos here and there. Um, who the heck didn't catch those? Other than that, I had so much fun!

“Your mail could've waited." Daemon followed me into the kitchen. "What is it? Just books?"
Grabbing the OJ from the fridge, I sighed. People who didn't heart books didn't understand.” 

Katy was even more amazing in this book. I connected to her even more. I loved how invested she was in her books and her blog. She feels actual pain when she couldn't read as much or how excited she is when she gets more books. SHE UNDERSTANDS ME! I also love how this is only the second book and she's already becoming this amazing, fierce heroine. She doesn't want to sit around waiting for someone to save her, she wants to be beside Daemon fighting as his equal and not behind him. I loved that about her. She didn't give up on her training and needs to learn to protect not only herself but Daemon, Dee and her mom. She is already showing great character development and I can't wait to see where the other books leave her. By the way, whoa she's like a crazy hybrid now! I knew that connection was more than just weird link between her and Daemon. I'm a little jealous...

“Daemon was a total babe, but he was stab-worthy, which at times zeroed out the babe part. Not always, though.” 

Daemon...Oh sweet baby Jesus why aren't you real?! It actually pains me that this guy doesn't exist. I love him with every fiber of my beeeeeeeing! He was even more lovable in this book and I didn't even think that was possible. I loved how he was determined to show Katy how what he felt for her was true and pure. He wouldn't give up on her and it was so touching. I LOVED how he would bring her her favorite treats to school in front of everyone. And he brought her a rose?! *cries and dies* aaaawwwww!

Blake.....I DIDN'T WANT TO TRUST YOU AND YOU MADE ME! AND BROKE MY HEART! I liked him and wanted Katy and him to have a nice friendship, but nope. I will not forgive you, Blake.

Dee. Awe poor Dee. I am so sad we didn't get to see her as much. Katy was so stuck with her own business with Blake and Daemon that she didn't have any time to spend with Dee and it bummed me out. I missed her. I was kind of confused why Dee was so upset about not hanging out with Katy but when she gets her to go to the movies why was Ash and Adam brought along? Wouldn't you want to spend solo time with Katy if you missed her so much? That was weird to me. Regardless, I want more Dee in the next books!

Now for the storyline. I thought it was pretty entertaining and a nice touch that we got more into the DOD  (though not much). I'm still left with questions, but it was interesting to stick our toes in. I want to know more about this so called Daedalus. This book opened up many doors for the next books and I look forward to reading more. I don't want to get too much into the plot because I'll want to spoil everything. So I will just leave it as: it was great, entertaining, and sucks you right in and doesn't release you until you finish the whole book. Yes, I finished this book in a day. I couldn't put it down!

Now onto Opal!

Oh! Side note: the whole book I was wondering why it was called Onyx...and FINALLY it came into context during the last couple chapters. O_o

Would I recommend this? YES! WHY HAVEN'T YOU READ IT? Don't you love Daemon? Aren't you obsessed? Go! Read it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment