Tuesday, May 26, 2015

{REVIEW} The Heir by Kiera Cass

Title: The Heir
Author: Kiera Cass
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia, Romance
Series: The Selection
Book: 4
Rating: ★★★

Blurb from Goodreads:

Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.


Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.

My Reaction/Thoughts:

Now I am probably one of the biggest Maxerica shippers in this fandom and I was more than just a little excited when I found out that Kiera was writing another Selection novel, so it really pains me that I found this book to be just okay. I am soooooooo sad! I wanted to love this book! I really did. And I really, really tried to as well, but I think the only redeeming qualities this novel had were the goofy, cute guys that were vying for Eadlyn's attention. At this point I really don't know who I am rooting for. Scratch that, I know it's Kile, but I still love Henri and Erik. But I am looking forward to the next and final book. I need to know what happens to my belove Maxon and America (which was seriously lacking in this book) and who Eadlyn will finally fall for. I want to see how their put the Illea back together also.

My only big complaint with this novel was Eadlyn. I couldn't stand her for most of this book. She was such a snob. I know she grew up in a privileged environment and she is stressed out because she needs to step up and be Queen, but she just had the worst attitude. I hated that she would look down on people who weren't like her or on her level. She talked so much crap about other people that I just had to skip over her sometimes. I also couldn't believe her little tantrum she threw when Maxon and America told her that they wanted to throw another Selection to calm the uprisings going on in the country and Eadlyn responded with "You're ruining my life!" 
Nevertheless, I am excited to see Eadlyn just finally own her role as Queen and spread her sass all over in the right places. She was becoming a more enjoyable character at the end and I loved seeing her more comfortable side with the boys. So I will definitely read the next book! 

The gorgeous boys in this book are what really made me enjoy this novel. I loved Kile so much. I still don't believe him that he didn't throw in his name into the Selection, but I honestly think he's endgame. How can he not?! But I also want Cass to throw a curveball and choose Erik because he's not even in the competition and I know he's falling for Eadlyn! He's just so sweet too and he's really acting as a good confidant for her. Henri is just a sweet, sweet character as well and I love all his little scenes. They are all just so sweet and adorable! I DON'T KNOW WHO TO CHOOSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment