Saturday, April 18, 2015

{REVIEW} Last to Know by Micalea Smeltzer

Title: Last to Know
Author: Micalea Smeltzer
Series: Willow Creek
Book: 1
Rating: ★★★★1/2

Blurb from Goodreads:

He was just a boy.
And I was just a girl.
But if that’s all there was to the story it wouldn’t be very interesting, would it?

Up and coming band Willow Creek is back in their hometown for the summer. For the drummer, Maddox Wade, this summer was meant for writing music and playing gigs.

Falling in love was not part of the plan.

One look at Emma Burke and those plans cease to matter.

Emma is quiet and guarded. She’s still hurt from her father walking out two years ago. She doesn’t want to trust Maddox, but with his dark hair, smoldering good looks, and infectious smile he’s impossible to resist.

Together Maddox and Emma embark on an unforgettable summer of adventures and first love.
Everything is perfect…or so Emma thinks.

There are things she doesn’t know, and when she finds out the truth it might shatter everything she’s built with Maddox.


No one said love was easy, and for Maddox and Emma it just might be impossible.

My Rating/Thoughts:

“The way I see it, there are always going to be the ones that love you and the ones that hate you—let’s face it, people love to tear others down, but as long as you’re confident within yourself then nothing else matters.” 

Actual rating: 4.5 stars

The only reason this didn't get 5 stars was because the plot synopsis spoils the book. This book was a cute love story about a shy, quiet girl and an adorable sweet guy who is the drummer of a popular hometown band. I really enjoyed reading this story, but I was a little disappointed that the "conflict" was spoiled right there in the blurb. Emma doesn't know that that Maddox is in a famous band so you keep wondering when Maddox will finally tell only to realize that this is his "big secret"--so I was a bit disappointed. I wish I was kept in the dark right along with Emma. But then you kind of have to wonder how Emma could be so blind and didn't put two and two together. Come on, Emma! Other than that, this book was fantastic! I loved the humor, the romance was to die for, the sassy writing, and all the lovable characters--not to mention the adorable hedgehog Sonic! I cannot wait to read the other books in the Willow Creek series. Micalea Smeltzer is a great writer and I love the level of sass that she includes in her writing. I am diving into Never Too Late right after I put this laptop away! I'm ready to fall in love with Mathias Wade (;

“I got lost in the imaginary world—picturing myself as the heroine. After all, wasn’t that why people read? So they could live someone else’s life for a little while?”

I recommend! And you can get an ebook of Last to Know for free right on on most retailers for a limited time!

No comments:

Post a Comment