Saturday, April 4, 2015

{REVIEW} Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Title: Hopeless
Author: Colleen Hoover
Series: Hopeless
Book: 1
Rating: ★★★★★

Blurb from Goodreads:

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.


Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

My Rating/Thoughts:

“Not everyone gets a happily every after. Life is real and sometimes it's ugly and you just have to learn how to cope.” 

This is my second Colleen Hoover book and I am speechless! Her writing is so perfect and beautiful that I can never seem to set my book down. The way she captivates not only your attention, but your heart. You fall in love with both the characters and the story they hold. I bow down to you Colleen Hoover!

“And while I could sit here and feel sorry for myself, wondering why all of this happened to me..I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to wish for a perfect life. The things that knock you down in life are tests, forcing you to make a choice between giving in and remaining on the ground or wiping the dirt off and standing up even taller than you did before you were knocked down. I'm choosing to stand taller. I'll probably get kicked down a few more times before this life is through with me, but I can guarantee you I'll never stay on the ground.” 

Sky had a great story that I couldn't help but fall in love with. It was touching, heartbreaking, and breathtaking. Sky was such a strong character that I, too, was so proud of her for the choices she's made. I thought she was fantastic and I loved her for it.

“I can already tell he isn't the kind of guy a girl gets a simple crush on. He's the kind of guy you fall hard for."

But Dean Holder? Dean Holder. He is definitely top 5 Book Boyfriends. He is so complex, passionate, protective, supportive, loving, kind, funny, and a million other things that made me love him more and more. Every single thing he did that made Sky give a piece of her heart to him also made me give a piece of my heart to him as well. I loved the connection he had with Sky and the way he was so passionate about everything he did. He feels everything in every fiber of his being. He can't feel anything only slightly, he feels so greatly and it makes him fantastic. I cannot wait to read Losing Hope so I can drive into his thoughts and feelings!

“I'm not a sucker for happily ever afters, but if these two characters don't get theirs I might climb inside this e-reader and lock them both inside that damn garage forever.” 
(Me too, Sky. Me too.)

This book was definitely  heartbreaking and had me crying for much of it, but it was also such a touching story. I recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment